How to Prepare pizza
Pizza, like so many other foods, is a household name that so many people including kids loves to hear because ‘everyone loves Pizza’ 🙂 Homemade pizza recipe is always the best! With planning and continuous practice, you can become very good at it. Aways plan ahead by making the dough a night before the day you plan on making the pizza so that the dough can have enough time to rise.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shrimp (optional)
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until soft dough forms.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until it doubled in size, about three hours. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; and drain.
- Working on a floured surface, with floured hands, softly pat down the risen ball of dough into a circle, rotating it at the same time; divide in half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano, and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper, Shrimp, and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.Yield: 2 pizzas (3 servings each).